Building a Greater Community
TLCIL is not just here to assist individuals with disabilities. We are also here to help business owners, housing providers, private and public service providers, and all other members of the community find ways to build bridges between the disability community and the greater area community.
We can help Housing Providers:
- Understand and come into compliance with the ADA and FHA.
- Work out issues with tenants.
- Understand how reasonable accommodations work.
- By helping your tenants secure rental assistance.
- By helping your tenants apply for HUD.
We can help Businesses:
- Understand the value of employing individuals with disabilities.
- Understand what reasonable accommodations are in the work place.
- Determine how to make sure their businesses are accessible to the over 10,000 individuals with disabilities in Franklin and Essex counties.
- Take advantage of tax breaks available for making modifications for the purpose of accessibility.
- By advertising your business on our webpage so that people with disabilities, and the rest of the community know that you are accessible.
- By teaching your staff disability etiquette.
Please contact us to find out more about these services and how to have your business recognized on our website.